"The key to strengthening our families is having the Spirit of the Lord come into our homes. The goal of our families is to be on the strait and narrow path."
Robert D. Hales



Monday, October 25, 2010

Nelson October Fest

Happy October!

As you all know our Bubbus started school this fall and is in Kindergarten. He has taken to it like a fish takes to water. This kid LOVES school. Just a few weeks in we found out he would be going on his very first school field trip. He didn't know what a field trip was and after I explained it to him he said, "You mean I will be spending the whole school time at a farm?" Sure thing kiddo! HeeHaw Farm in Pleasant Grove, Ut. He enjoys school so much that this concept seemed a little silly...why spend time at a farm when he can be at school?
When I told him that we would ride there on a yellow school bus he was so thrilled he jumped up and down. He has loved school buses since forever! And now he was going to ride in one! He considered himself the luckiest kid ever...then he paused and said, "Wait Mommy! You said 'we.' Are you going with me?" Let's just say the level of excitement blew the roof off this place. What can I say, my kid loves me! :)
Let the Adventure begin!

Bubbus' smiling face on the ride to the farm...I had to tear him away from the window view. He was so eager to soak it all in.


Bubbus isn't the only one who makes friends while he's in school. I made a friend too and she took this pic of my boy and me. (Thanks Amanda!)


Here are Bubbus and I sitting in a big trailer filled with hay. It rained the day before and so the hay was damp and a "joy" to sit in. Unfortunatly when I stood up my whole bum was nice and wet...I'm sure it looked AWESOME! We rode this tracter pulled trailer to the pumpkin patch and the kids were able to pick out their very own pumpkins. Because it was muddy Bubbus wasn't thrilled about picking up a muddy pumpkin. One of his adorable classmates took pity and picked out a pumpkin for him. He said, "Here, I picked this out for you." Bubbus said thank you and then looked at me and said, "Mommy can you carry my pumpkin." Of course I'm the one to carry his pumpkin! Figures! LOL.


Most children get the opportunity to play in a sand box once in their lives...This on the other hand is a "Corn box." That's right! It's filled with dried corn! The kids loved playing in it. They burried eachother. They swam in it. They had a great giggly time in it!

Bubbus was the last one out of the corn box...It was tough to tear him away. Doesn't he look happy! Total blast!

HeeHaw Farms made tire swings that were shaped like horses...each kid took a turn and loved it! Bubbus' swing kept spinning around. (Thanks again Amanda for holding him still long enough to get these pics.


"Mommy hurry...the sun is too bright!"



"What is that!" somone asked.
"That's called a Teepee(sp?) and it's made of corn husks."
"Can we go inside?"
"Sure thing! Have at it!" The kids had lots of fun standing inside...it wore off quickly.

Ladies and Gentlement! We present our Bubbus! The Apple of our Eye!







It isn't a traditional October without the pumpkin carving. Hubby's parents grew this pumpkin in their garden! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Bubbusdrew special pictures of what he wanted his pumpkin to look like.




We are proud to present "Jackie the Jack-O-Lantern"
(Proudly named by Bubbus)

2 comments:

Trishelle said...

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!! I love it when I get to read your blog! It makes me so so so happy to hear A. loves kindergarten!

I'm still sending happy, healthy vibes your way!

Brooke and Aaron said...

What a fun field trip! I've decided we need a corn box in our backyard. How fun! I love the home grown pumpkin! It's huge! I love this time of year!