"The key to strengthening our families is having the Spirit of the Lord come into our homes. The goal of our families is to be on the strait and narrow path."
Robert D. Hales



Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rainy Day Memories

This is the view we have from our front door. I love the rain. Out of all the memories I have of the rain, my favorite would be from when I was about 6 or 7 years old. My dad loved the rain as well. And when it would rain he would take us shopping. ''Shopping is the best thing to do when it rains...there are no crowds to compete with," he would say. So he would pack us into our station wagon with my older sister and I in the very back where we had to sit facing the cars behind us. We would wave and make faces at people. I have this vague image in my mind of my dad walking with us towards the store. And he always parked far away even if the parking lot was empty because he loved walking in the rain.


So every time it rains I think of my dad, and I get to share a personal moment with him. Even though he passed away some years ago it's nice to still have these moments.


I hope you all are able to enjoy a rainy day, and make memories that will last you forever.
~Stacy

3 comments:

Brooke and Aaron said...

What you said about your dad was really sweet. We've had a rainy day here too. Your post makes me want to jump in the car right now and do errands (even though I don't like doing errands in the rain - I should do it for the kids sake).

Brad Frandsen said...

I love the rain too!

Chair Losee said...

Hey you. Can't believe how much time has passed since we've seen you guy's. Your little Avery is not so little anymore. It's good to see you guy's are doing good!