"The key to strengthening our families is having the Spirit of the Lord come into our homes. The goal of our families is to be on the strait and narrow path."
Robert D. Hales



Saturday, August 29, 2009

California Getaway!

Well, I am finally getting around to telling the awesome and wonderfully relaxing and fun trip to California! I was there for 10 glorious days! Did I mention I was all by myself! I left my boys at home and went off to pay attention to "me" for a little bit.

Unfortunatly I didn't get any pictures of my grandmother while I was there. We spent lots of nice quiet moments reading, scrapbooking, visiting with friends and watching Wheel of Fortune! It was AWESOME!


My friend Amber and I went out to dinner and visited with her parents which was great. It was like old times hanging out at the Fitzgerald house. It was great spending time with her.
The first Saturday I was there I decided to go to the beach. It was about a 15 minute walk from my grandma's house. So I packed a lunch, towel, camera and was on my way in no time. I accidentally took a picture of my foot. The sun was so bright I couldn't see what was on my digital camera screen.

A really beautful view of the ocean from where I was sitting on the beach. I had a really relaxing time. It was great to just enjoy walking up and down on the beach.




The last day I was there my sister Robyn and I and an old family friend, Andy went to Disneyland! We were actually able to get to go on a lot of rides. This is while we were on Pirates of the Carribean.

Andy and I.
Robyn and I.

Captian Jack Sparrow Toasting us to a wonderful time! It was really cool to see how they redid the ride and incorperated him into the ride. He was here and there. Popping up and hiding from the other characters on the ride.



This next picture is me trying to remove the sword from the stone...let me tell ya! I am no Arthur, that is for sure!

Toon Town was next. We went to Minnie Mouse's house and just lounged around for a while. She was so hospitable!
My sister Robyn, making herself at home.

Myself claiming a comfy spot on the loveseat.


Andy got hungry so Minnie let him raide the Icebox.

Robyn and I even stayed for tea! That Minnie! She is quite nice!



Next it was off the Micky's house. I attempted to play his piano...but the keys were covered. Guess he wanted some peace and quiet. He must have seen me coming...I can't even play Mary had a little lamb!


Micky's work bench. He had lots of projects going on! So talented!

Finally we got to meet the man himself! I was so excited I jumped up and down and squeeled as if I was a Beatles fan! Accept this was Micky we are talking about! So much better than the Beatles!
Robyn, Micky, Me and Andy.


I would like to tell you that we behaved ourselves while in Toon Town, but I must confess, we got thrown in jail...which was quite fun...it must have been. We smiled for the picture. That little kid doesn't look to happy though.
Kiss a fish anyone! Robyn, he probably already has a girlfriend!

Andy and I on Goofy's back porch.
Wait...I'm confused, Which way?!

Robyn and I in line for the StorybookLand Ride. I had never been on it. It was fun. Our tour guide was a hoot. Really funny girl.

Space Mountain. The only ride we went on more than once. It was a blast!

And of course, we had to take a picture in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. You can't got to Disneyland and not take a picture in front of it.
Well, I was fortunate to have a wonderful time while on my trip. I took naps, read books, watched movies and made sure that I took it easy. But I also was able to go to the park, the beach, Disneyland, and saw some really important and dear friends. Thank you to Robyn, Misty, Amber and Andy for spending time with me. Thank you to those family members who helped make it possible for me to be able to go. I will never forget your generosity and help. I will be forever greatful to you. You know who are! I love you all! Thanks again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looked liked you guys had so much fun! I'm so jealous! Seeing you and Robyn together makes me think of all of The One Big Happy Family outings we use to go on. Boy they were fun. I miss getting together with all of you guys. Naomi

Trishelle said...

SOOOOO fun! It's awesome that you got to go to Disneyland...as adults...and stay up late and ride any ride you wanted!

Stacy, I'm so glad you got to go on this most excellent adventure!

By the way, it was great to spend time with you two today. You guys always make me happy!