"The key to strengthening our families is having the Spirit of the Lord come into our homes. The goal of our families is to be on the strait and narrow path."
Robert D. Hales



Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finally! Our Halloween Story


Halloween. This holiday has gotten more and more fun with having a child. Here is this year's story...And Avery wasn't sick for a change! But, Stacy was :(.

This Halloween Avery wanted to dress up as Sprider Man. Unfortunatly, when it was time to put the costume on, he flatly refused. So, he wore his camo sweats. We went to dinner for family home evening and then did a little christmas shopping, and then asked Avery if he wanted to try to costume on so that he could go trick or treating for candy. Still refusing to put the costume on we let it go and took him to the mall to trick or treat. With his Elmo bucket in hand we set out. From store to store Avery shyley asked, "hick o' heat," and in response the nice employees of the stores would gladley give me him candy. We were about 5 or 6 stores in and Avery looks at me and says, "mommy, mommy!" and I replied, "yes, Avery." Then he says, "wook and aw my handy!" (he had about 6 pieces of candy in his bucket) And I said to him, "wow, that candy looks so yummy." And he replies, "yes, it wooks yummy, but I have enough handy and I want to go home now." What! My 3 year old little boy says that his 6 pieces of candy is enough and he wants to go home?! Who's kid says that?! Obviously, ours does! What an amazing little boy he is. I love how unselfish and non-greedy he is. Needless to say, Ryan and I were quite impressed with his level of satisfaction with the Halloween holiday as a whole. Ryan and I weren't done window shopping so we walked around to a few more stores, but Avery asked to go home a few more times, stating that we didn't need to be there anymore because he was done trick or treating and had enough candy. When we finally got home he had some of his candy and went off to bed telling us how tired he was from having so much fun. I love my son! I am so glad to enjoys life!

0 comments: