"The key to strengthening our families is having the Spirit of the Lord come into our homes. The goal of our families is to be on the strait and narrow path."
Robert D. Hales



Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A "Water Playground" Day

We had a fun filled day planned for Avery's 3rd Birthday! The first thing he asked for when he woke up was to go to the "wawa hayhown" which in translation means, "water playground." All day long we had to keep telling him, "later, we are going later today." With which he responded, "wanna dow wawa haydown." Imagine that with a nice long whine. Finally after his nap we got ready and were on our way.
We are so glad for the family and friends that could make it! We had a great time playing and visiting in the water. And more importantly, Avery had a great time! He asked to go again this morning...to which I said, "we just went yesterday! we'll go again some time soon." His face lit up and he said his famous replay, "oh ay mommy! wets dow!" What a cute kid!
Here are some pictures of our time at the Scera Parks Pool. Enjoy! We sure did.

Left to Right: Holly, Elizabeth, Marilee
Center: Brandon (Elizabeth's son)

Avery's cousin Hayden going down the kids slide.

Avery's cousin Hallie.


Avery's Aunt Christy (Stacy's sister in law/Drew's wife/Hayden, Hallie and Kiya's mom)



Avery's youngest cousin on Stacy's side, Kiya




Top Row left to right: Rich (Ryan's Dad), Mandy (Ryan's cousin) Holly (Ryan's sister)
Botton row: Avery, and the back of Jordan's Head (Ryan's brother)
Ryan and Avery.


Stacy and Jo.

Ryan and Avery

Stacy and Avery

Avery attempting to go down the kids slide. He decided against it at the last moment. But props to him for trying!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun post. I can't believe that Avery is three years old. I know my kids are growing up, but your's aren't aloud to do it without me! Looks like you had a great time.

Sarah said...

I can't believe he is 3!! It seems like you were just prego with him and we were all wondering the name!! :) Looks like you guys had a fun day with family! I heard you guys were going to Lake Powell, I wish I could go, but have lots of fun for me!

Brooke and Aaron said...

We need a Scera Parks Pool here in CA. I don't really know of any. :( Now you've got me curious. I'll do some investigative work. :) Fun pictures!